A Midsummer Night’s Dream

The Spring play at WCA was a huge success this year.  People are still talking about how fantastic A Midsummer Night’s Dream was on March 8th and 9th.

“I loved the play!  It was better than most high school plays I’ve seen. I especially loved the music,” said Kelly Goebel, junior.

The audience raved about the show.  Some even said it was the best play Westminster has ever put on.

“We had really great shows both nights. The audience was really into it.  They clapped and laughed at the right times. We fed off the energy of the audience and that’s what made it fun,” said Andrea Reed, junior, who played Hermia.

The cast genuinely had fun on that stage and the audience could tell.  The play combined comedy, talented acting, and incredible music written by our very own Mr. Butz and composed by Danny Dwyer, junior.

This was the first play Mr. Butz has directed at Westminster and he did a wonderful job.

“Mr. Butz took everything really seriously because he knew the potential that we had.  He would drill us and make us do exercises.  It was hard at times but I am really grateful that he was strict because the play turned out to be amazing,” said Reed.

All the cast members and audience raved about the talent and vision Mr. Butz had.  MORE.

“Mr. Butz is a great director.  He would inspire us to do our best before every rehearsal and performance,” said Mackenzie Yeager, junior, who played a fairy named Moth.

Cast members not only had fun performing and working on this production.  They also grew very close through the process.

“The cast was pretty distant when it first started but as the time went on we got to be really good friends, almost like a family.  It got to a point where I looked forward to seeing their faces everyday,” said Reed.

All in all, A Midsummer Night’s Dream was a gigantic success, for cast members, directors, and viewers.  I cannot wait until the next show at WCA.