Breaking Dawn Part 2 Movie Review

Friday, November 16th marked the release of the final movie from the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn Part 2. The grand finale tastefully wrapped up the series yet was bittersweet for die-hard fans that knew there would be no more to come.

Being the conclusion to a compelling story-line, including intense action-packed scenes, and featuring the long-awaited immortality of Bella, the main character, Breaking Dawn Part 2 could easily be considered the best of all five movies.  No wonder this modern-day fairytale brought in 141.3 million from the box office for opening weekend.

Breaking Dawn picks up from Part 1 with Bella awakening as a newborn vampire. Edward, her immortal husband, takes her hunting and afterwards allows her to meet her child, Renesmee. No one quite knows what to think as the small child, who is half-human and half-vampire, grows at a rapid pace.

Soon the Volturi, the largest and most powerful coven of vampires, plan to destroy the Cullen clan, believing that they must have broken one of the few rules vampires must abide by and the Cullens are forced to race against time to gather as many witnesses as possible. All the while, Bella fears what will become of her precious child due to her unknown condition and whether she will be safe from the Volturi.

One thing that has everyone talking is the major plot twist that completely stunned fans who read the books. Once the story starts to stray away from the plot, the audience has no idea what to expect next and is kept guessing until the very end.

Exciting scenes include Bella arm wrestling Emmet, the cocky vampire in her clan, and who ends up winning their battle of “the strongest vampire in the house”. Another humorous scene is when Bella discovers her lifelong friend, Jacob, imprinted (it’s a werewolf thing) on her baby, she goes ballistic and must restrain herself from doing any actual harm unto him.

Overall, Breaking Dawn Part 2 was incredible in every sense of the word. It is one of those movies that can be seen again and again and still be sensational.