Maggie lindstrom

The Back story.

When I was ten years old my sister, who was eighteen at the time, began to watch the fairly popular tv show Gilmore Girls. I did not know at the time or understand the significance of this new discovery of tv. Before this my sister and I never really watched anything other than childish movies or my Disney channel tv shows together. So the idea of this show was very foreign and a bit concerning to my very innocent ten year old mind. If you are not familiar with the early 2000s based tv show, it is about a mother and a daughter who live in a small town in (insert state name). The mother, Loralai played by Lauren Graham, was a teen mom. The show begins during her daughter Rory’s, played by Alexis Bledel sophomore year of high school (around the same time Loralai had gotten pregnant with Rory). For a little ten year old this story line was scandalous, I could not believe that anyone would make a tv show that ran for seven whole seasons about this! But that summer my sister started Gilmore’s Girls. We watched it constantly, we were hooked on to every crazy word Lorelai and Rory said. Gilmore girls rapidly become my favorite tv show and the only form of tv I would watch for years. Yes, years! I am proud and slightly ashamed to say I watched the whole series at least 20 times, let’s just say I have seen it enough that I can tell you about every episode’s name. So why have I chosen to talk to you all about Gilmore girls and my life? Simple, I love Gilmore girls (if you couldn’t tell) but it has also taught me so much, a lot of what not to do, but also about how to live in a more secular world. Through this blog my plan is to talk to you about multiple episodes of Gilmore girls and the meanings behind parts of it, also what they mean to me. Check back every Wednesday for something new about Gilmore girls and my life!

Sneak peek for next week: “I jump you jump Jack” – Rory Gilmore, episode 7, season 5, Gilmore girls. 

*disclaimer, in no way shape or form do I or anyone on this staff own Gilmore girls all credit goes to Amy Sherman-Palladino and The WB network.