Iron Man 3 Movie Review

With cool cars, dramatic side stories, comedy, and adventure, Iron Man 3 was bound to be action packed. And it was, but it was somehow still seemed a bit hollow.

The movie begins with Iron Man, also known as Tony Stark, backtracking more than a decade ago when he met a wacko scientist by the name of Aldrich Killian who was trying to find biological ways to improve mankind to near perfection. Stark, however, completely ignores Killian and in the process creates a dangerous enemy that will come back to haunt him ten years later.

Other side stories include Tony’s anxiety attacks, which have happened ever since he entered a wormhole in the Avengers. As a result, he becomes slightly paranoid, can’t sleep, and builds multiple new drone suites in order to keep Pepper, his girlfriend, safe from any form of danger.

The movie becomes even more dramatic when Happy Hogan, Pepper’s bodyguard, gets hurt and put into a comma from one of Killian’s attacks and when Tony’s house gets blown to bits.

With such a packed plot, Iron Man 3 is exciting and interesting, but even so it seems empty. One reason might be the complexity of this movie compared to the simplicity of the other two Iron Man movies. Another might be that the nature of the movie which is different from the others.

In Iron Man 3, Aldrich Killian and his biologically-enhanced henchmen are supposedly invincible, but even so Tony Stark manages to kill them. In the previous movies, however, the enemies fight Stark with their own technology, and they are mortal.

Although the film was slightly hollow, it still captured the interesting personality of Tony Stark and lots of action involving him in the Iron Man suit. Hopefully, the movie will be a buildup for a final Iron Man film that will be the best yet.