Justin Timberlake’s 20/20 Experience

Most people announce albums months in advance, but when it came certain musician, the approach was much different. After years of speculation and unanswered questions,  Justin Timberlake bursted back on the scene in early February with his single Suit and Tie. The single shot up the charts immediately as the world had been itching to get their hands on some JT. The single debuted at #4 and has since went to #3 on the Hot 100. But this was a preshow to the release of his new album, The 20/20 Experience, which was expected to sell  a little over 500,000 copies in its first week. But in the first week of March, the album shattered expectation, selling 968,000 copies in 7 days, and becoming the biggest debut in iTunes history. Buts whats all the fuss about? Its time to dive head first, track by track, into the album of the moment:

Pusher Love Girl

The album opens up with its best track. The song talks about loving a girl so much, she like a drug. Using New techno with Old R&B, the song makes a person want to bob their head and stomp their feet. The song ends with a techno rap with Timberlake comparing his love for this girl with various addictions.

Suit and Tie

Every knows this song. But this track stands out because it is the only true single-ready song on the entire album. And with catchy hooks and beat drops, along with a rap from Jay-Z, it is  no wonder why it is the hit of the year. Not to mention the song is bound to grow in the summer months as summer goers want something to dance to .

Don’t Hold The Wall

This song is one of the oddest addictions on the album. The song is so complex but simple at the same time, it seems hard not to fall in love with it.

Strawberry Bubblegum

Bringing back memories of childhoods, while also being classic JT, this track compares a girls kiss to strawberry bubblegum in the sense of how bad he wants it. The track is classic R&B through and through, and the end will have its listener spooning over JT’s simple moves.

Tunnel Vision

The song is honestly a little cheesy, but even then its a great song. Speaking of being in a room filled with people, but only being able to see the girl, hence tunnel vision, its a real love song. The song uses new styles that only JT could come up with but might be one of my least favorite tracks on the record, and even then I love it.

Spaceship Coupe

This song will make a person want to take a trip to the moon and back with their significant other. The songs simple lyrics like, “Welcome to my spaceship coupe, theres only room for two, me and you” makes anyone’s heart melt. The song spurs feelings of love and undying love throughout. Its classic sexy R&B, just what Justin stands for.

That Girl

This is definitely my second favorite song on the whole record. The prelude paints a picture of an old bar with JT being the performing guest. And perform he does. With crisp vocals and a live band at his side, he sings about loving a girl even if the world doesn’t think its right. Its 1990’s R&B at its finest and is one of the finest songs I’ve heard in a long long time.

Let the Groove Get In

This is the only other single song on the album and makes a person’s feet want to move and their  head rock to the beat. This latin-infused track is certain to be a dance hit in the clubs and at parties everywhere.

Mirrors

This song has JT being a hopeless romantic . Speaking of a girl who mirrors him in every way, JT delivers a song so perfect and great, that the radio couldn’t help but make a single out of hit. Behind Suit and Tie, this song will be a buring up the charts soon enough.

Blue Ocean Floor

After all the happy songs and lovely hooks, this song takes a somber note talking about a loss love. The song talks of leaving a person’s heart on the ocean floor and is a Titanic theme song a few  years late, but still everyone will  love it.

Overall Justin Timberlake has made a comeback. Although in reality he never really left. He was there, making blockbuster films and working with other acts, just waiting until the world was almost about to explode with anticipation. And the reigning King of Pop did not disappoint.