A Bend In the Road

A Bend in the Road, by Nicholas Sparks, is a book about love, trust, and hope.
The book is about a girl named Sarah, who moves into a new town away from a bad divorce, trying to start a new life.
She becomes a teacher at an elementary school, one of her students is having trouble in school, his name is Jonah. She wants to start doing lessons with him after school, so she schedules a meeting with his single parent, Miles, a policeman. Miles and Sarah meet and from then on they enter a journey of love.
Meanwhile, every night before Miles goes to bed, he checks a certain manila folder. Inside the folder contains all the evidence to a case he never solved, the hit- and – run of his wife. His wife died from the accident and it has been bugging Miles ever since. The person who hit his wife, Missy, stopped the car and saw her there, then he covered her up and left. That is the part that bugs Miles so much.
The book goes on to tell about the twists and turns of Miles and Sarah’s relationship, and all the bumps on the road on the way, including the case solving of Missy’s death.
This book is one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books. Most love stories end in a good way with nothing too bad on the way. And those are the books that most high- school students love to read. Feel- good books are what I call them. A Bend In the Road is not one of those books.
It starts out good and fun, but in the end Miles is left alone and not happy…but Nicholas Sparks rescues that feeling of despair with a feeling of hope…when the last scene contains two people sitting in a table enjoying a candle-lit dinner, waiting for a certain person to come home and restore their lost relationships.