Filed under News

ITSOG 2018

ITSOG returns next week as the community looks to bond together to help others in need.

Rebekah Sems

Rebekah Sems

ITSOG is back the week of November 5 through November 9, and students are preparing for a week of giving to the community. Each day of ITSOG the Westminster community is asked to bring the items that fit the theme for that day. WCA is also collecting Operation Christmas Child boxes and athletic equipment every day of the week.

The Service Leadership Team has also created goals and challenges that they have set to be reached each day of ITSOG. The overall goal is to collect 33,000 items for the 13 organizations Westminster is donating to. Each day that the community meets their daily goals, Westminster will enjoy a dress down day on a Friday in the future.

Another fun challenge to help students and members of the WCA community reach the goal of 33,000 items, is the Shop Together challenge. Students who submit a picture of a group of them shopping together for ITSOG will be entered into a $50 gift card raffle.
The Service Leadership Team has also sent out a shopping list, so that students know what items to buy and what the greatest needs of the organizations are. Ms. Woodall is also sending out information about the organizations that the items are being donated to so that students can have a better understanding of where the items are going and how they will be used. Sunshine Ministries, Friends of Kids with Cancer, Weekend on Wheels, and Loaves and Fishes are just a few of the organizations that ITSOG will benefit.

Unity is the overall theme for Westminster, and ITSOG is one specific way for students and staff at WCA to help the community and unit with different organizations in the area. The daily challenges and goals that the Service Leadership Team have set for students will hopefully create an atmosphere of unity and encourage the spirit of giving to those less fortunate.

• ITSOG 2018

News

Wildcats’ Running Game Shines in 57-14 Rout of Living Word Christian Wildcats’ Running Game Shines in 57-14 Rout of Living Word Christian

• ITSOG 2018

Features

Sophomore’s Lead Special Olympics

• ITSOG 2018

News

Climbing to the Top

• ITSOG 2018

News

Westminster Students Featured in Art Show

• ITSOG 2018

News

Senior Art Board Redemption

• ITSOG 2018

News

Out-of-This-World Costumes

• ITSOG 2018

News

For Some WCA Students, Safety First Means Spirit Last

• ITSOG 2018

News

Pancake Breakfast

• ITSOG 2018

News

What Would War With North Korea Look Like?

• ITSOG 2018

News

What is Net Neutrality

The School Newspaper of Westminster Christian Academy
ITSOG 2018