A Glance At The Past and A Step To The Future

The event Walk of Faith will be happening on May 21st.  The commemoration is all about looking at the past and moving forward in WCA’s plans.

On Saturday, May 21, Westminster will host a special celebration called Walk of Faith, Remembering our Past- Celebrating Our Future.  Over six thousand past and current members of the Westminster community will be invited.

The event will begin at 9:30 AM and will start off with a service with praise and reflection time. The chapel band will also be there to lead everyone in worship and there will be a presentation by the band and choir. Following the service, guests will be able to attend a reception and walk around the building and remember their past at Westminster.

The Walk of Faith will reflect on God’s faithfulness all throughout Westminster’s history with special speakers.  There will be a visual presentation of the early days of Westminster, and events will be shown throughout the presentation.  There is also a special commemorative video that is being made to remember the thirty-five years of Westminster history. The celebration will involve a relay from the old campus to the new.

“Thirty-five pre-determined walkers will represent the thirty-five years of our existence and will be commissioned at this service and begin the ceremonial walk of faith, literally a relay, much like passing the Olympic torch, walking between here and the new campus,” said Kim Doyle, director of community relations.  

The thirty-five walkers will be people such as board members, grandparents, alumni, students, faculty, staff, and neighbors, and many others. They will be relaying a Celtic cross from our current campus five miles down to the new campus. All the groups of people walking will join together and walk en masse across the bridge where they will continue up the driveway, which will be lined with people from the Westminster community.

All the guests will go to the new campus and line up at the entrance to receive the walkers.  Everyone will join together in a procession of the new football stadium for a ribbon cutting and prayer dedication.

The whole point of the event is to celebrate the past and look forward to the future and all that it will hold with the new campus on the way.

“This event has been planned to honor and thank God for his blessings on the Ladue Road campus since 1982 and look forward to his blessings on the Town and Country campus beginning next year.  The event will connect the blessings of the past to the hopes and expectations we expect in the future,” said Jim Marsh, Head of School.

The event was made for the community to honor God with celebration of the new school.

“This historical event was created to allow friends to reconnect and gather on site to share memories while at the same time building a bridge to our future and how God goes before us,” said Doyle.

In celebration of the event, there are t-shirts being made that will be on sale in the bookstore.  There will only be five hundred t-shirts available.

There are around six thousand invitations being sent out and it is open to the WCA community, family, and friends.