maggie lindstrom

NBA Emerging 30

Kohn’s Card Corner

After the last edition of Kohn’s Card Corner, we had a few week break for Christmas. Today I am back to talk about the NBA Emerging 30 index that has been introduced to the card market. 

Let’s start off by going over what the NBA Emerging 30 index is, in the most simple terms it is a collection of thirty of the most promising up and coming prospects in the NBA. This includes the likes of Jayson Tatum, Luka Doncic, and Trae Young. 

In mid October Starstock released this list of players, and the starting price of all of the players was one thousand dollar in total. Now it being January 12th the total price of the index is 2,520 dollars a tremendous increase in only a few months and it doesn’t show any sign of slowing down. 

One player I bought from the index is Cam Reddish for 46 dollars, right now his cards are selling for close to sixty dollars. The six foot eight small forward has shown a huge load of promise for Hawks fans. He is a part of a fantastic young team and a forever growing fan base down in Atlanta. The 10th overall pick provides absurd length as he has a seven foot one wingspan. This allows him to snatch those rebounds and shoot over extended defenders. This is one player to keep an eye on for the coming years. 

This edition of Kohn’s Card Corner has been short but concise. Check back next week for more insight on the ever changing card market.