This+is+an+Illusration+i+did+of+my+favorite+quote+from+Gilmore+Girls+about+a+year+again.+

maggie lindstrom

This is an Illusration i did of my favorite quote from Gilmore Girls about a year again.

Where the later seasons of Gilmore Girls really begins.

“I jump you jump Jack” is my favourite episode in the whole series, I have seen this episode so many times that I have actually written the whole episode out by memory and only missed two words. This episode I think is the true starting point, of the later seasons it has some of the most important characters but it seems to start of the new shaped plot form for the rest of the episodes. “I jump you jump Jack” is the origin of my all-time favourite quotes. This quote challenges me every day and makes me want to do more, one of my favourite characters Logan Huntzberger says it too, which is just the cherry on top to these amazing words. 

“It’ll be fun, it’ll be a thrill. Something stupid, something bad for you. Just something different. Isn’t this the point of being young? It’s your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me, it’s one less minute you haven’t lived.” – Logan Huntzberger episode 7, season 5.

This is an Illusration i did of my favorite quote from Gilmore Girls about a year again. (maggie lindstrom)

Let that sink in for a second, read it again. Keywords that I have seen in this quote are, fun, thrill, bad but different, living, minute. So let talk about those, fun is normally a dead word. Fun? When I hear that I think either the person is being passive-aggressive or is unhappy (but maybe that is just me). But in this context fun actually means fun, you can feel the thrill. Which lands me to thrill, I see Logan saying thrill because he is redescribing the word fun, he is showing how he actually means it. “Something bad for you. Just something different” once again he is redefining the words he is using. He does not mean bad he means different which could be perceived as bad. The word living he uses the word live three times but each in different tenses, saying past, present and future. This is key because he is pushing Rory to not just simply let herself live in one of these three places, but he pushes her to see herself in all of the places. The word minute. Where do I begin with this? The word minute has so much weight to it in this quote. He makes it seem like a minute is the 100 years, he makes it known that every minute counts. A minute is only sixty seconds, but that is more than enough time. Think about it if someone said you all had a minute to live, you would probably begin to think about the past and the future if you make it out of that minute alive. Because in the present you are faced with a challenge you are not overcoming. Our minds want to escape so they think about anything else then the problem it is faced with. One less minute you haven’t lived, one less. One less. A minute you can count to have truly lived by your own definition. 

These words have pushed me every day because I don’t want to just survive through my days, I want to thrive, I want to look back at the end of the day and be happy with what I have done. I easily regret things, so even looking back on my day and not regretting anything makes me count that day as one less minute I haven’t lived. 

Sneak Peek for next time: The Power of TV fights.  

*disclaimer, in no way shape or form do I or anyone on this staff own any part of Gilmore girls all create goes to Amy Sherman-Palladino and The WB network.