Wildcats Enjoy Easy Victory Over DuBourg

CREVE COUER —

The Wildcat football team experienced something that it had not enjoyed since 2006, an easy victory. The Wildcats entered the locker room at half-time up by three touchdowns against the DuBourg Cavaliers for the first time since they destroyed the Lutheran South Lancers in week three of the 2006 season.

Even though the Wildcats managed to take early control of the game when senior quarterback Zack Dorton scored on a 60 yard touchdown run on the first offensive play of the game, the final whistle was not blown until nearly five o’clock in the afternoon with the Wildcats on top 30-0.

Even while amassing an early lead, a late start time and inclement weather was not in the game plan for the Wildcats. Lightning storms forced the one o’clock start time back nearly two hours. By the time the Wildcats took the sloppy swamp that was their pristine football field only a few hours earlier; they had been waiting out the storm inside for nearly an hour and a half.

“Waiting out the storm was not bad because we got to hang out together and have fun before the game. Usually we are nervous and quiet before games, but this week we stayed relaxed and enjoyed the extra time with teammates” Says Nate Smallwood, junior.

However, the Wildcats were able to put all joking aside and stuck to their game plan of a strong running attack in the wet weather. Led by Ryan Allee, junior who finished the day with 100 yards on 9 carries with two touchdowns; the Wildcats amassed a season high 318 rushing yards in the mud.

David Rohlfing, sophomore also kicked his first career field goal. A 32 yard kick that fought it’s way through the wind and easily reached the uprights.

Due to the large lead, certain freshman and sophomores got valuable varsity playing time. In addition, Shane Moylan, junior defensive end got his first varsity sack.