Obenhaus Carries Cats

ST. LOUIS– The JV Wildcat’s went into DuBourg trying to prove they could accomplish what the Varsity did on Saturday: get a win. They did exactly that by pounding the Cavaliers 29-16.
The scoring was mainly done on the ground by Forrest Obenhaus, sophomore, who rushed for three touchdowns. He compiled around 200 yards rushing as the Wildcat line overpowered the Cavaliers. It was a career day for Obenhaus who is the featured back on a run savvy offense.
“It’s gratifying to see the guys work hard in practice and see the work pay off in the games,” said Jeremy Scott, head coach.
Quarterback duties have been split for most of the season by John Eric Steiner, freshman, and Jonathan Roth, sophomore. Kicking has been almost automatic with Varsity kicker, David Rohlfing, sophomore. Rohlfing converted a 42-yard field goal during the victory. Also, on a botched play, Rohlfing took a blocked field goal in for a touchdown. He has been getting extra playing time at the JV level at kicker, wide receiver, and safety.
Scott and Brandon Haan, assistant coach, are at the helm of the young squad consisting of mainly juniors and sophomores. Recently, they have been asserting many freshmen such as Chris Cacciarelli and Coby Nye to gain experience.
The JV squad improved to 2-3 on the season after previously shutting out St. Mary’s 3-0. The Cats are back in action October 5 against Cardinal Ritter at home.