Foxsports Proves to be a Mere 4th Round Pick

Right when I drafted Steven Jackson with the 7th overall pick, I knew it would be a good season. People all across America are making great picks like I did in the phenomenon that is fantasy football. Fantasy football has evolved from a casual hobby that few people participate in, to an important activity that many Americans are involved. One common fantasy football site to use is foxsports.com.

Once you create a league, there are many options to choose from. You must decide what kind of draft to have. Leagues have three different draft options: automatic, online, and offline. Other options include the points system and playoff settings. There is a message board to trash talk the other owners which makes it more interesting. There is live scoring during the games as well as injury reports that keep you updated.

There are many pros and cons about this site. The layout is simple which makes it easy to navigate. The system often runs very slow, especially on Sunday mornings because of overuse. The best part of the league is that it is free. Many fantasy football websites charge a fee to host a league unlike foxports. The customizable points system adds a personal touch to the league. Picking free agents to fill vacant positions on your roster is one of the easy aspects of the league. However, in my opinion, the most important part of the site is the live scoring. The live scoring is supposed to add suspense while watching NFL games, but with foxsports, it does not. The scoreboard takes forever to load and is often inaccurate. The final result of the game usually is not posted until Tuesday night. Although most of the features on the site are good, the lack of speed and failure to give updated scores makes this a subpar site. I would not recommend starting a league on foxsports.