Filed under News, Top Stories

WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

On December 1st, the St. Charles School District Board of Education announced Dr. Jason Sefrit, Westminster class of ‘91, as the school district’s new Superintendent. For the past two years, Sefrit has worked as the St. Charles Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, but he is ready to take on the new role.

“Receiving the offer from our Board of Education President will be a moment I’ll never forget. I was filled with excitement and very humbled. The role of Superintendent allows a bigger opportunity for me to make a difference in the lives of students, staff, and parents,” said Sefrit.

Sefrit is taking the place of Dr. Jeff Marion, who will be retiring after this school year. However, with more than 20 years of experience in public education, Sefrit believes God placed him there for a reason.

“I believe God has called me and has given me the necessary skills to reach, teach, and empower others as a leader. Public school education is a perfect fit for my skill set in helping others succeed.”

Not only is Sefrit a graduate of Westminster, but his dad, Dr. James Sefrit, served as the Head of Upper School at Westminster for 11 years.

“My Dad’s career in educational leadership inspired me to become the very best, just like him. I’m so grateful for my education at WCA and for all of the support I was given to grow and learn every day.”

From his parents to his nieces, many of Sefrit’s family members are just as passionate about education as he is.  

“My parents were both long-time educators and their support and love definitely drove me to be the leader I am today. Education does run in our family with my Dad, Mom, sister (Janna), my wife (Tanya), and I all choosing education for our career. I have three nieces who are choosing to serve in the education field as well,” said Sefrit.

Currently, Sefrit’s sister, Janna Bailey, works in admissions at Westminster and his niece, Betsy Bailey, is a senior.   

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

Features

Wanted: Women in STEM

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

Features

Sophomore’s Lead Special Olympics

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

News

Climbing to the Top

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

News

Westminster Students Featured in Art Show

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

News

Senior Art Board Redemption

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

News

Out-of-This-World Costumes

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

News

Spirit Week Day 2: Recap

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

News

For Some WCA Students, Safety First Means Spirit Last

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

News

Pancake Breakfast

• WCA Alumni Named Superintendent

News

Spirit Week Day 1: Recap

The School Newspaper of Westminster Christian Academy
WCA Alumni Named Superintendent