Chapel Band to Central

The Westminster Chapel band made an unusual appearance at Central Christian school on Dec. 8, performing a variety of Christmas classics. With nearly all the Central students watching them, the band began their performance.

“We performed a couple Christmas songs, setting the mood of worship to celebration,” said Chapel band member Trent Briden, sophomore.

Because Central only has one teacher who leads worship from time to time, the band presented a unique experience of worship for many of the young middle schoolers.

“The purpose of going to Central was to provide them with a special Christmas chapel. It was a unique opportunity for them because they only have one teacher who leads them in worship, and lack a real chapel band,” said Briden.

As a result of the band’s performance, Central’s students got a sneak peak of Westminster – a school that many of them will attend in the future.

“Because of our performance, they got to see what it was like at Westminster. This is significant because lots of them will be going there,” said Briden.

The achievement of the band’s goal of providing a Christmas experience before the holidays was met with a happy and pleased audience.

“Our intention to have a fun time singing Christmas songs was successful, the kids really loved it!” said Briden.

A highlight of the morning was when the band was asked to play “Charlie Brown” upon request. Without any practice beforehand, the band played the song flawlessly.

“They asked us to play ‘Charlie Brown’ after our performance was over, and we nailed it. The students really liked it!” said Briden.