Orphans, Graduations, and Boy Bands

Nightmares, UFO, and orphans were some of the themes for this year’s Spirit Week. Every class came with a new spin, in sync dance moves, and non-stop energy. The seventh grade rocked the crowd with their Camp Rock theme and the seniors closed the show with their Decades mix. The junior class also stood out as one of the remarkable performances with their rendition of Annie. The costumes from this year’s lip sync ranged from ball ears to rags and dirty faces to barretts and spring-colored tee shirts. The junior and senior classes stood out among the competition and were victorious. The senior class kept their first place reigning title and the juniors performed their way to a sweet second place. The juniors are remembered for their can’t-get-it-out-of-your-head song, “It’s a Hard Knock Life.” Their timing, plethora of props, and cute frowns helped them to give a noteworthy performance. The seniors stood out once again with their Decades mix ranging from the 50s to the present. The mix included classic songs such as “Dancing in the Streets” from the 60s, N’ Sync’s “Bye, Bye, Bye” from the 90s, and Miley Cyrus’ “Party in the USA.” All the lip sync performances this year gave us many aahhh and oooh moments and completed the Spirit Week experience.