Improv Takes A Bow

So far, Improv has put on 3 shows throughout this year. They plan to take the stage one last time until second semester as their season comes to a close.

Their fourth and final performance will be held today, in the Little Theatre. The show will begin at 7:30. Tickets are $3 in advance and $5 at the door.  The money collected will go to funds for Invisible Children.

Shows will not start back up again until second semester in February. Today is the last opportunity to watch Improv perform for the rest of the year.

Maria Gjordini, junior, has never been to an Improv performance and is interested to see how it plays out.

“I’ve never been to Improv before so I’m excited to go and see what it is like,” said Gjordini.

For this performance, the Improv team has had two weeks to prepare due to a play that took up some of the practicing time. Because of the extra practices, they have had additional time to practice the games that would be played and get a good idea of how and what they will do.

Thomas Porter, senior, is on Improv and explains that the opening to Improv shows are one of the most popular traditions, and this time, it will have a different twist to it.

“Our openings have been very theatrical, they have had a lot to do with singing and acting. The openings this time will be different as opposed to previous years,” said Porter.