Filed under Features

It’s Our Time

The Seniors prepared a truly unique film for the ages

Having never won the film project before, the Seniors knew we had to do something extraordinary this year. Although we had filmed scenes we knew would get some laughs, we still didn’t know if our finale would pack a punch. After cycling through multiple different endings for our Bachelorette-themed video, we came across a truly unique idea and instantly knew, “That’s the one.”

The day of the film project, my heart beating frantically, we prepared for the end of our film that would hopefully blow the roof off the place. While other students energetically watched the games, I was surrounded by a cloud of anticipation for the video we had worked so hard to prepare for.

When the films started, I waited anxiously through the other classes videos, hardly able to enjoy them in the wake of excitement and anticipation. As the freshman, sophomore, and junior films flitted by on the screen, I could only think about the crowd reaction we would hopefully get with our final reveal.

Eventually, “Tonight, on WCA Bachelorette” filled the room and I knew we had almost reached the climactic moment. As the video cycled through the different scenes we had painstakingly filmed at various locations and times, I prepared myself near the Grand Entry doors.

Finally, When the beat dropped, and everyone in the gym turned toward the doors in shock and perhaps a few begrudging claps, I flipped on my switch and the star-struck Bachelorette couple emerged through the doorway to an Arena of screaming Senior students. Illuminated by our spotlights, Natalie Brown and Chase Lottmann held up their “Class of 2018” signs and proceeded to walk to the senior section, where they were greeted with whoops, hollers, and chants of “Seniors, seniors, seniors…”

• It’s Our Time

Features

A Hike With Ike

• It’s Our Time

Features

Westminster Welcomes Wee Wildcats

• It’s Our Time

Features

Wanted: Women in STEM

• It’s Our Time

Features

Sophomore’s Lead Special Olympics

• It’s Our Time

Features

Go the Extra Mile

• It’s Our Time

Features

Focusing In On ADHD

• It’s Our Time

Features

Sophomores Flying High

• It’s Our Time

Features

Lead Like Jesus

• It’s Our Time

Features

Another “Humerus” Thursday

• It’s Our Time

Features

Ragin’ Roadways

The School Newspaper of Westminster Christian Academy
It’s Our Time