maggie lindstrom

The Young Bull, A Collin Sexton Story

Kohn’s Card Corner

In the card market we have entered a slow time for basketball cards. For the first time in four months the NBA Emerging 30 index has fallen by 47 dollars. This came as a shock to me because none of the big time players got hurt or anything it just fell. This is back to back weeks that there has been a significant fall in the index. 

Collin Sexton was the top performer of the week. His card shot up from 70$ to 95$. The 35% increase was the largest out of all thirty players. Sexton, the former Alabama guard, is having a breakout season. He is averaging just below 25 points per game, he is also great on the defensive end, averaging over a steal per game. His nickname is the young bull for his aggressive behavior and focus. 

His coach had this to say about his offense, “Collin is a rare guy where he can roll out of bed and get you 20, and it’s not common in the NBA, but he has the ability to do that. His teammates were helping him, they were setting screens for him and then he rewarded his teammates on a couple plays too.”

Collin Sexton should be a guy to keep and eye on over the coming years. 

Sexton is not the only guy who had a career game over the last week. Immanuel Quickley put up an impressive 31 point performance against the Trail Blazers a couple nights ago. He is a rookie from Kentucky, as of right now he does not have any cards of value but when his Donruss comes out this look for it to be one of the hottest out of all the 2020 class. 

The Wildcat Roar • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in